This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

About the Learning Community

XPRIZEXPRIZE Posts: 193 admin
edited August 2019 in Global Learning
Knowing traditional models of learning are not scalable, XPRIZE developed the Global Learning competition to show how technology can empower children to autonomously learn basic reading, writing and arithmetic.

We are at a pivotal moment in education, where an alternative, radical approach is necessary. The Global Learning XPRIZE challenged innovators from around the world to develop engaging open-source learning software that leverages the latest technology to create an autonomous learning environment for children living in remote areas of the world. The winning technologies demonstrated the most significant gains in reading, writing and arithmetic.

Although the competition is ending, the world's work is just beginning. The free, accessible software code and data is now a resource for the world to build on, bringing quality learning experiences to children who do not have access to formal education, and supplementing the learning of children who do.

No matter how incredible the technological solution is, scaling and accelerating the path to universal access to quality education will only happen with your help. The proof of concept has worked. It's time for the world to know.

What's next?

Now that we have the data and learning software from the finalist teams, XPRIZE is focused on securing and loading the software onto tablets; localizing the software into different languages; and delivering preloaded hardware and charging stations to remote locations so we can scale this across the world.

Sign the pledge to show your support and join our online community to help provide an education for all children, everywhere.

What's in it for you?

As a member of the Learning Community, you are at the forefront of a breakthrough in access to quality education for all children, no matter the context.

Participation also allows you to:
  • Network with diverse stakeholders.
  • Brainstorm with top experts.
  • Promote your work.

Need help?

If you have questions or need help, please leave a comment here.

Feedback and suggestions for how to improve the community should go here.

Comments

• MarjanMMarjanM Posts: 4
    We have hard time make the app work by downloading it from GitHub.com/XPRIZE. Any lessons learned you can share?
  • jo_xprizejo_xprize Posts: 27
    We have hard time make the app work by downloading it from GitHub.com/XPRIZE. Any lessons learned you can share?

@MarjanM What exactly is the problem you are experiencing? If you could share more information, we will be better able to assist you.

For example: Which team's software did you try to install? What are the steps you performed before encountered the problem? Did you see any error message?
  • mattymattmattymatt Posts: 41
    Hi @XPRIZE ! I would love to sign the pledge and become a part of the Learning Community. But when I attempted to sign the pledge it said their might be an API error with my account. I was wondering if that something I can fix on my end so I am able to sign the pledge.