This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Is there a need for a hardware challenge?

echurchechurch Posts: 6
In some instances, communities may get the software by downloading an app. In others, a dedicated learning device would be a preferred mode of delivery. We would love to see something that communities - especially in remote areas - could purchase that's a sort of hardware kit. Something like a pack of 5-10 tablets, a portable solar, and a small BRCK or other hotspot for enough accessibility for data, all at an affordable price. Especially for the affordability and durability aspects, is there a need for a hardware challenge? Or is it a matter of partnering with the right people?

Comments

• mattymattmattymatt Posts: 41
    Hi @echurch ! I hope its a problem of partnering with the right people, because if it were possible for everyone to have access to hardware....then the software. I believe it would allow for a revolution. People in remote area's getting the ability to learn what even the most privilege person gets to learn, has to have the potential to catapult society into a better place. There is already brilliant ideas in the world, but there is definitely no market cap to how many the world needs right now hahaha.

Would love your thoughts 😁? but thank you for giving me the platform to respond to such a relevant question!