This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

About the Future of Longevity Impact Roadmap

XPRIZEXPRIZE Posts: 193 admin
edited August 2019 in The Future of Longevity
For much of the last century, Earth's population experienced tremendous increases in life expectancy. Is it possible to extend human lifespan even further, or reverse aging altogether?

In an initiative sponsored by Sergey Young, XPRIZE is studying the future of longevity to discover innovative and accessible ways to radically extend everyone's healthy lifespan.

About the Research

XPRIZE is building what we call an "Impact Roadmap" for longevity. An Impact Roadmap is a vision for the future and a plan for how to achieve that preferred future state.

We use multidisciplinary research methodologies, foresight techniques, and crowdsourcing tools to:
  • Analyze evolving trends;
  • Identify existing and emerging innovations shaping the field of longevity;
  • Highlight grand challenges unlikely to be addressed under a business-as-usual trajectory;
  • Construct potential futures and scenarios; and
  • Identify the breakthroughs needed to radically extend everyone's healthy lifespan.

Some of the breakthroughs identified by the Impact Roadmap process will form the basis for incentivized prize competitions, or XPRIZEs.

Click here to access completed Impact Roadmaps.

Your Role

To support the creation of the Impact Roadmap, we are bringing together relevant experts from around the world in an online community, where we invite them to share their knowledge and experiences, recommend promising innovations, and evaluate XPRIZE's research.

Your participation is indispensable to the success of this project.

We ask your help to identify relevant resources, make sense of the existing research, discover and assess emerging and promising innovations, and validate our analysis.

We will rely on your contributions to identify needed breakthroughs, assess how they solve identified grand challenges, and help us ensure they are audacious yet actionable to help us chart a transformative path for humanity. In this way, an Impact Roadmap forms the foundation for the next generation of XPRIZEs. Contributing to the online community helps us make all this a reality.

What's In It For You

We know your time is precious, and we appreciate your participation and input.

None of the other benefits below come close to the reward of knowing that you contributed to a truly transformative breakthrough.

We will regularly announce the most prolific community members to recognize their contributions. Participation allows you to:
  • Network with diverse stakeholders.
  • Brainstorm with top experts.
  • Promote your work.
  • Earn rewards, such as online gift cards, XPRIZE gift boxes and trips to XPRIZE labs.

Need Help?

If you have questions or need help, leave a comment here or contact the community manager, @NickOttens, via nick.ottens@xprize.org.

Comments

• NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    Welcome to the community, @andersimfu! I'm looking forward to your contributions here.
  • NatashaNatasha Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Welcome Anderson and thank you Nick for all that you do!
  • jonathankolberjonathankolber Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I was delighted and felt privileged to participate in the Longevity X Prize working group several months ago. Happy to be here as well.

My primary interest is in helping to design and implement a model society rooted in systems of sustainable technological abundance. Since quality of life decays with aging, and since death deprives not only the individual of further life but the community of that individual's knowledge and wisdom, I am convinced that the extension of healthspan is an unqualified good.

Our project is described at www.ACelebrationSociety.com.
  • Xman142Xman142 Posts: 2
    Hello XPrize Community on Longevity,

My name is Tom James and am a physicist, author and inventor. My strength is in artificial intelligence and have training in many breakthrough technologies.

At the moment I have just decided to cure cancer because in my view this is genuinely possible at this time in history. While there is much great research being done in this area, in my view, more needs to be done around a particular animal which, for the most part never dies from cancer, doesn't get sick from cancer, doesn't get cancer, period. As such I have designed a revolutionary new cancer test that will lead to the development of a cure in less than three years by my estimate.

See theanswer4cancer.com

Tom James

P. S. Two things : Currently looking for a non-profit to support efforts to get this test done. Second, while most may not know this cancer and reversing aging are likely to
    be intimately related and once this cancer test is done and the end to this disease is in sight I will develop "Forever" or the fountain of youth which is also possible. Proof can also actually be found in nature with a disease whose symptoms points the way to how we can actually reverse our age to the degree of being a million times more effective than HGH. Hint: That disease is called Progeria, a disease you'd have to look at when looking at aging, a disease that actually points to "what" aging really is. And if you know the "cause" of something...
  • NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    Thank you for your contributions to the Future of Longevity Impact Roadmap! The discussions in this community have helped XPRIZE understand the challenges that need to be overcome to extend human lifespans and identify potential breakthroughs in longevity.

The Impact Roadmap is now complete. You can browse the interactive version on the XPRIZE website and download the full report.

The discussion forums about obstacles to long life, innovations in life extension and breakthroughs in longevity will be closed, but alumni of this project are invited to join the Future of Longevity Group to continue the conversation and stay in touch.