This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Introductions

NickAzerNickAzer Posts: 219 ✭✭
Please introduce yourself to the rest of the community here. Tell us a bit about yourself, your projects and your relation to XPRIZE.

Comments

• NickAzerNickAzer Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I'm Nick Azer, your online community manager. I live in Portland, Oregon in the US. My background is in social media and blogging; I've been community manager here for the Amazonia, Zero-Waste Mining, and Carbon Removal prize designs, and for the last 6 years I have been the social media manager & content curator for the Google Lunar XPRIZE.

If you have any community-related questions or need help, feel free to send me a message here anytime or email me at nick.azer@xprize.org!
  • SevagKechichianSevagKechichian Posts: 13 XPRIZE
    I'm Sevag Kechichian, a Research Analyst with XPRIZE, and leading the research of this project. I've worked on a number of projects since joining XPRIZE, such as the Future of Forests and Future of Food Impact Roadmaps. My background is in social sciences. Prior to XPRIZE, i had worked on a number of research projects, both in academia and for INGOs. Most relevant is some of the work i led for Amnesty International on human rights, including the rights of children.

I will likely be asking a lot of questions, and happy to respond to any you might want to raise. So please feel free to get in touch!
  • LisaCovingtonLisaCovington Posts: 49 XPRIZE
    Hello everyone! My name is Lisa Covington and I am a Product Manager on the Impact and Design team at XPRIZE. I am currently working as the Product Lead on the Lost Children Prize Design.

I've been with the XPRIZE Foundation for several years and worked as Project Manger for the Barbara Bush Adult Literacy XPRIZE and as Product Manager for the Future of Longevity Impact Roadmap. I have 20+ year's experience in Non Profit Project Management.

I look forward to engaging in discussions with you!
  • BryanNambaBryanNamba Posts: 47 XPRIZE
    Hi Everyone! I'm Bryan Namba, an Associate Project Manager on the Impact and Design team at XPRIZE. I am excited to be a part of this team working on the Lost Children Prize Design.

My background is predominantly rooted in housing and homeless services policy. Before joining XPRIZE I was a policy analyst with the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority. Prior, I advised on a similar portfolio of work with the City of Seattle Mayor's Office of Policy and Innovation.

Looking forward to engaging in some great discussions!
  • Hello everyone,

My name is Jenna Kay Foertsch and I am currently located down in Houston, TX at NASA Johnson Space Center.

This summer I had the honor of doing some of the ground work for the Lost Children Prize while interning at XPRIZE. My background is in business development, marketing, data analytics, and creating a better world for all. I look forward to seeing the discussions around this prize as it was some of the most rewarding work I have ever had the privilege to be a part of.

Also, any opinions I post do not reflect those of XPRIZE or NASA :) .
  • DamianoDamiano Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I'm Damiano Pizzol, MD, PhD, actually Health Program Officer for the Italian Cooperation in Jerusalem.
    I worked 3 years in Mozambique where the problem of Lost Children in my opinion is real, underestimated and difficult to address.
    I'm happy to be part of this community and hope to be helpful.
    Hello @Damiano! Welcome to the community! We look forward to engaging with you around the topic and hearing your perspective and thoughts as someone who has seen the problem first hand.
  • DamianoDamiano Posts: 2
    Hi @Lisa thank you!! I'm happy to help on this!! I think that this is a very important issue but maybe it would be useful to start organizing a discussion by different sub-issues (i.e. epidemiology, existing data, existing strategies, challenges, aims etc...) what do you think?
    Hi @Damiano, welcome! We do have a couple of discussions in our Key Issues forum we would love feedback on - Challenges: Formal Identification and Key Players. It'd be great to see any comments you might have there! (And any ideas you might have for further discussions, too.)
    @johnedge Welcome to the community and thank you for the above info! We're excited to delve into it and share our findings as we progress on the project. .
  • vyjayantivyjayanti Posts: 1
    Hello, this is Vyjayanti Desai -- I have been leading the World Bank Group's Identification for Development (ID4D) initiative over the past 4 years (id4d.worldbank.org) and look forward to engaging
  • duffus75duffus75 Posts: 3
    Hi everyone! My name is Edward Duffus and I am Head of Innovation at Plan International. I am founder of OpenCRVS (www.opencrvs.org), an open-source solution for civil registration that is designed for low resource settings. We have created OpenCRVS with and for the people it serves and it is available as a global public good.
    We are on a mission to ensure that every individual on the planet is recognised, protected and provided for from birth.
    I hope that innovations created as part of this initiative will build on and extend the work we have already done and I look forward to collaborating with you closely... :)
    Welcome @duffus75 ! Glad to have you joining the conversation here. I look forward to seeing your feedback and thoughts as we stress test our theories and design along the way!
    @vyjayanti Welcome to our on-line community! The LCPD team will be at the Good ID in Practice Workshop in DC on the 21st and 22nd and I hope we're able to meet you in person!
    edited October 2019
    Thank you @vyjayanti, @duffus75, @johnedge and @Damiano - it's great to have you here, and Digital Identity is an exciting field to be exploring!

We have a new discussion topic we would love to see your feedback on - it's about the potential prize criteria for a Digital Identification competition. Some great discussion there already, and we're really interested to see what you think - so please let us know any thoughts, ideas, or examples you might have for the topic; and feel free to let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!
  • andiandi Posts: 1
    Hi - pleased to be joining the discussion. I'm Andrew Hindle: amongst other things, I'm on the board at IDPro (industry assoc. for digital identity professionals) and I chair content for Identiverse. Looking forward to contributing where I can.
    Welcome @andi! Great to have you in the community!
    We have now posted our Draft Competition Outline! @andi @duffus75 @vyjayanti @johnedge @Damiano - it would be wonderful to see any thoughts you may have there. Let us know if you have any questions or ideas! https://community.xprize.org/discussion/541/draft-competition-outline
  • silviosilvio Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I am Silvio Ranise, a senior researcher at Fondazione Bruno Kessler in Trento Italy. I am leading a research team on cybersecurity, one of our main topic of research is digital identity. We were and are involved in the design of infrastructures for digital identity in Italy. I hope to be able to contribute to your initiative with our competences.
    Regards, Silvio
  • YouakimYouakim Posts: 1
    Hi, I am Youakim (Joe), an Associate Professor of Data Analytics. I am also leading research in the area of blockchain-identity management for the Internet of Things. I believe I can contribute to this challenge based on my previous research contributions and current works on building large scale distributed ledgers to manage digital identities without relying on third parties or any centralized authority while enabling privacy and tamper resisting to cyber-security threats.
    Welcome, @Youakim and @silvio! We have a couple of new discussions in our Key Issues forum, including a discussion on entry fields. Great to have you here in the community - any input or ideas you may have would be welcome!