This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Ashok

AshokAshok Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Challenges
Deforestation is the result of finding forest produce to be economical and useful by the man kind. If, we are able to give an alternative solution for its usage, which is cost effective, has comparative weight, easier to produce anywhere on the planet, has a longer life span, gives all advantages or may be more so, human being would not be tempted to cut forests.

Quoting from Google

"Logging is believed to be the second largest cause of deforestation. Timber companies cut down huge trees such as mahogany and teak and sell them to other countries to make furniture."

The rich cement - sand mortar impregnated with wire meshes gives a composite material, known as FERROCEMENT, This is used in making thin structural sections with thicknesses of 4 to 25 mm, These thin sections can replace timber planks and sections in producing boats, ships, buildings, furniture, warehouses, hangars, storage tanks and bins etc..

We have been playing with this material for about 45 years producing items listed above and more. It has given us satisfactory service all these years and looks good for another similar inning.

Comments

• NickAzerNickAzer Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Thank you Ashok - it seems like there are some great solutions out there to help reduce pressure on the Amazon! It will be a really interesting angle to explore.
  • AshokAshok Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Thanks Nick.
    Where do we go from here and how?

Shall I write a detailed paper on what I said in brief?

Please visit my web site www.ferrocement.info for little more insight.
    Ashok
    Thanks Nick.

Ashok
    Thanks Nick.

Ashok
    Thanks Nick.

Ashok