This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

The INFEWH-ture project (Also posted in Food and Agriculture)

Informatics at the Nexus of Food, Energy, Water and Health. INFEWH-ture covers all of the grand challenges of humanity in one competition, via integrated informatics. We start with the best bad examples, animal agriculture, meeting the world where they are. We use sensors to collect the baseline data on food production and consumption, including all environmental impacts, and the downstream health impacts. Our project in Canada, Symbiosis Centre for Zero Waste Agriculture, will produce at least 500 GJ of RNG a day, and bring in $5 million dollars a year to be invested in ongoing mission aligned R&D. It will divert 80,000 tones of manure from direct land application annually, and even using the smallest number from any calculator, will create a 9000 ton per year reduction of GHG’s, not counting displaced manufactured nitrogen fertilizer. It is entirely designed to support testing of solutions for INFEWH-ture in head to head comparisons, with identical process infrastructure copies. If you have 12 minutes, watch my TEDx talk, Poop Soup and the Inevitable Global Movement.
Below is 100% cut and pasted from the other category.
More people are dying of obesity related disease than starvation and malnutrition now. If we move the rising billion towards where the western world is, we will crush all global systems, led by the costs of healthcare. I pitched this for Feeding the Next Billion last year, and have a complete 19 page Impact proposal done and ready to present. The Future of Food bus is SUPER crowded, but there is one seat left for XPRIZE... the drivers! Everything you have done to date makes you the ideal leader to get the cacophony of global activity organized into a symphony!
I've been working on Zero Waste Agriculture 13 years, and I was a 2017 Visioneer on the Clean Air team, as well as part of the 2018 Hackathon. I'm in SF for SynBioBeta on the 3rd, so could drop down to LA quite easily. I know XPRIZE, and I know the landscape for the future of food.