This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Food Transparency XPRIZE

XPRIZEXPRIZE Posts: 193 admin
edited March 2020 in Prize Ideas
Create a platform that allows or [...] within the food supply chain to produce and analyze global food data.

What problems will be solved with this prize? What breakthroughs will solve these problems?

Empowering actors with information across all aspects of the food supply chain, including environmental impact, relative cost, etc. (per product, per location).

What are teams required to demonstrate? How long should they be given to do so? Write down your "winning team will" statement.
  • Price, path, amount
  • [...] 5 crops in a [...] data across [...] actors within [...] supply chain
  • Data available to all and easy to consume

Prize purse: How much and why? Will there be milestone prizes in addition to the grand prize?

$5 million (average amount of VC funding provided to startups in this space)
Milestones: 10/20/30/40% market share

What is the desired impact that this prize will have on people, our planet, and the sector/industry?
  • Awareness of cost
  • Better choices from consumer
  • Understanding of the market
  • Incentives to supply chain players to be more environmentally and socially responsible
  • Transparency and accountability

After the prize is won, how will these solutions be deployed at scale? What barriers might exist, and what "impact activities" could we run during or after the prize?

Label given to top 20 actors.

Comments

• NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    Sorry I haven't been able to transcribe this one fully. @Doitbayo, I believe you were one of the authors of this prize idea? Maybe you can help me fill in the gaps?

qyp0wjzoaf7j.jpg
  • NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    We would like to invite the community to analyze this prize idea from the perspective of six stakeholder groups:
    1. Finance and investment
    2. Culture and activism
    3. Community builders and connectors
    4. Multinational corporations
    5. Policymakers and regulators
    6. Entrepreneurs and innovators

When you put yourself in the shoes in one of these groups, how might this prize idea change? Are there things you would add, amplify, or modify?