This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Safety of rejuvenating the immune system

How safe is it to attempt to rejuvenate the immune system?

How can we minimize the risk of adverse events, or of dangerous side-effects (both acute and chronic ones, such as increasing the risk for developing autoimmune diseases)?

Comments

• JanetleeJanetlee Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Autophagy is the critical part of longevity! It's natural and we can do it easily by the kinds of foods we eat, good rest, and exercise. Autophagy is facilitated with a low carb high nutrition diet. I don't see those things being addressed here but they have been proven to be a cost-effective, simple, and amazingly effective method.
  • JanetleeJanetlee Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I would like to add that intermittent fasting or eating one or two meals a day instead of a whole bunch of meals a day is going to allow the body to rest enough to accomplish autophagy.
  • NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    Thanks for your comment, @Janetlee! You're right - but those are things we already know, and people can already do. So we don't need an XPRIZE for it.

Also see: How lifestyle and lifestyle diseases affect the aging process
    @conboymj, @Jeffrey, @dalminana, I would welcome your input on this question as well.

We're thinking about focusing an age-reversal XPRIZE on rejuvenating immune system. Would that be safe? What are the risks?
    @abartke, @gatzmon, @ArthurDR, @hjforman, @mkaeberlein, can I ask for your advice on this question? We're looking into focusing our age reversal prize on rejuvenating the immune system. What are the risks involved? How can we minimize them?