This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Introductions

Please introduce yourself to the rest of the community here. Tell us a bit about yourself, your projects and your relation to XPRIZE.

Comments

• NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    I'm Nick Ottens, your online community manager. I live in Barcelona, Spain. My background is in political risk analysis, crowdsourced consultancy and journalism. I still occasionally blog about politics and international relations at Atlantic Sentinel.

In addition to the Longevity Community, I'm managing the Coral Restoration XPRIZE community and I will be soon be managing a third community about the Future of Agriculture for XPRIZE. (If you're interested in joining either of those, by the way, let me know!)

If you have any community-related questions or need help, you can send me a message here or email me at nick.ottens@xprize.org.
  • LisaCovingtonLisaCovington Posts: 49 XPRIZE
    Hello all. I'm Lisa Covington, Product Manager for the Longevity ImpactMap here at the XPRIZE Foundation. My background is in Non-profit Project Management and Administration. I'm very excited about our project and engaging with this community in brainstorming the specific challenges and questions around the topic of longevity and it's potential impact.
    Welcome both! I'm glad to have you in the community and look forward to reading your insights.

If you need any help or have questions, please don't hesitate to message me here or send me an email. I'm at nick.ottens@xprize.org.
  • Living100Living100 Posts: 2
    Hi, my name is Erwin Tan and I'm an internist and geriatrician at AARP where I direct Thought Leadership-Health. My prior research has focused on volunteerism with more recent work on perceptions on aging. I'm currently guest co-editing as supplement of the Journal of Gerontology Series A on Longevity.
  • JayJay Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I'm S. Jay Olshansky
    Welcome, @nlc, @Living100 and @Jay! We're happy to have you in the community.
  • hjformanhjforman Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Hi! I’m Henry Jay Forman, Emeritus Research Professor of Gerontology at USC and Distinguished Emeritus Professor of Biochemistry at UC Merced. Long history of research in redox biology. Also write mystery novels.
  • HRSHRS Posts: 11 ✭✭
    Hi! I am Hamid Sohrabi, A/Prof of Clinical Neurosciences at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia. My research includes aging, dementia and their biological and neuropsychological correlates.
  • erinyellanderinyelland Posts: 2
    Hi, everyone! My name is Erin Yelland and I'm an assistant professor at Kansas State University. My research focuses on health and wellness across the lifespan to promote optimal aging and I am passionate about community-based education and policy, systems, and environmental changes to support healthy living and aging.
    Welcome, @hjforman, @HRS, @erinyelland and @user587274! Thank you for joining our expert community.

I invite you to browse around and see if there are currently any discussions ongoing that you're interested in. I will also "tag" you in discussions that may be relevant to you to ask for your thoughts.

If you have any questions, or need help, don't hesitate to get in touch with me. You can message me here in the community or email me at nick.ottens@xprize.org.
  • NatashaNatasha Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Hello! I am a Senior Professor of Ethics at a local and Executive Director of Humanity+, an educational non-profit that devotes much of its work to AI and helping educate others about the future. https://www.natashavita-more.com
    Welcome, @Natasha, @dw2, @Liz_Parrish and @Zoltan_Istvan! We're happy to have you. I'm looking forward to reading your insights and opinions.
  • efoehrefoehr Posts: 8
    Hello! I am a bioanalytical expert with a couple decades experience working in the biotech, pharma, and medical device arenas. I am interested in the development of novel drugs or therapies to improve the quality and length of the human life. I am an inventor and entrepreneur in my free time.
  • SvenBSvenB Posts: 6
    Hello, I'm Sven Bulterijs. I'm an aging researcher and longevity advocate from Belgium. I'm the co-founder of the NGO Heales (https://heales.org/) and organizer of the EHA conference series (http://www.eha-heales.org/).
    Welcome @efoehr and @SvenB! We're glad to have you. I hope you'll find the discussions of interest here.

If you have any questions or need help, do not hesitate to reach out to me.
  • abhikguptaabhikgupta Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Hello XPRIZE community,
    I am Abhik Gupta. I teach Environmental Science in the Department of Ecology & Environmental Science at Assam University in India. I have a background in Zoology and do some research on environmental pollution and its possible implications in public health in terms of the obstacles they pose towards achieving a long life. I am also concerned about the social and cultural problems resulting from more people living for a longer period in developing countries like India. I am looking forward to enrich myself with the ideas being generated in the XPRIZE community and hope to make my own small contributions. Hope to have an exciting and rewarding time in this community.
    And sorry for posting this introduction earlier in the wrong place (About the Community).
    Welcome, @abhikgupta! We're glad to have you in the community. Just before the weekend, I started a discussion on the environmental impact of longevity that you may be interested in.

Since you found the right topic for introductions, I'll remove your message from the "About" topic.
  • JanetleeJanetlee Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I'm Janet Sellers. I have a vested interest in longevity with health via Nature Farmed foods and the wisdom of Indigenous Science and the Indigenous Nations of my area. I live in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and I write and do research on the ancient practice of forest living and Shin Rin Yoku/Forest Bathing for physical and mental health focusing on longevity with optimal health via the forest air, soil and environs.
  • LongevityLeadersLongevityLeaders Posts: 1 ✭✭✭
    Hi all, I am CEO and Founder of Longevity Leaders - a global network made up of the world's science, business and technology CEOs, researchers, investors and government stakeholders dedicated to developing novel solutions to extend healthy aging.

Our next global congress will be in April 2020 in London and will feature Sergey Young of the Longevity Vision Fund and the XPRIZE. You can find out everything about us and our last major event at www.longevityleaders.com
  • bschurmanbschurman Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Hi all, My name is Bradley Schurman and I am a Co-Founder and Managing Partner at EconomyFour, a global social innovation organization that is helping businesses and governments translate human longevity into opportunities for social and economic impact. EconomyFour is focused on a new, four stage life. We are working on a global study of individual perceptions of ageism and long life. We've also developed a pre-design thinking tool, called ThinkFour, that helps organizations banish age-bias in design. Please feel free to read more about us at economyfour.com or email me directly at bradley@economyfour.com

Prior to EconomyFour, I was at AARP – the world’s largest organization for the people over the age of 50 - where I was Director for Global Partnerships and Strategic Engagements.
  • pspiegelpspiegel Posts: 4
    Paul Spiegel here. Longevity advocate since 2006. Founder, Eclectic Law, Libertas Biomedical. Board member, Life Extension Advocacy Foundation, International Longevity Alliance, American Longevity Alliance, Humanity +. Legal counsel, advisor, counsellor, investor and mentor in and to many longevity-related ventures and enterprises.