This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Introductions

2»

Comments

• AlexZhavoronkovAlexZhavoronkov Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I guess I forgot to introduce myself. Here is my standard bio:
    Alex Zhavoronkov, PhD, is the founder and CEO of Insilico Medicine (insilico.com), a leader in next-generation artificial intelligence technologies for drug discovery, biomarker development, and aging research. At Insilico he pioneered the applications of generative adversarial networks (GANs) and reinforcement learning (RL) for generation of the novel molecular structures with the desired properties and generation of synthetic biological and patient data. He was the first to develop deep multi-modal predictors of biological age using multiple data types. He set up the R&D centers in 6 countries including the US, United Kingdom, Korea, Russia, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Prior to founding Insilico Medicine, he worked in senior roles at ATI Technologies (acquired by AMD in 2006), NeuroG Neuroinformatics. He is the co-founder and chief science officer (CSO) of the Biogerontology Research Foundation (BGRF, bg-rf.org.uk), a registered UK charity focusing on age-related diseases. Since 2012 he published over 130 peer-reviewed research papers and 2 books including “The Ageless Generation: How Biomedical Advances Will Transform the Global Economy” (Palgrave Macmillan, 2013). From 2014 to 2018 he presented at over 200 academic and industry conferences. He serves on the editorial boards of Aging, Aging Research Reviews, Frontiers in Genetics, and chairs the Annual Aging Research, Drug Discovery and AI Forum (6th annual in 2019) at the Basel Life, one of Europe's largest industry events in drug discovery. Dr. Zhavoronkov holds two bachelor degrees from Queen’s University, a master’s in Biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University, and a PhD in Physics and Mathematics from Moscow State University. He is the adjunct professor of artificial intelligence at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging.

About Insilico Medicine:
    Insilico Medicine is committed to extending human performance and longevity using the latest advances in AI. It employs over 70 deep learning scientists and bioinformatics experts in 6 countries and is responsible for the many “firsts” in drug discovery, biomarker development, and aging research. The company is pursuing internal drug discovery programs in cancer, Parkinson's Disease, Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, diabetes, sarcopenia, and senescence. In 2017, NVIDIA selected Insilico Medicine as one of its Top 5 AI companies in its potential for social impact.
  • pspiegelpspiegel Posts: 4
    Welcome, Alex!
  • jonathankolberjonathankolber Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Hi! I'm Jonathan Kolber, an author and investor. I'm honored and excited to have been invited to participate in the planning for the Longevity X Prize in Los Angeles on April 29 - 30. My interest in longevity started in 1983 when, at age 30, I read "Life Extension" by Pearson and Shaw, and commenced my personal experiment.

I explored possible societal implications of greatly extended healthspan in my book, A Celebration Society. I regard this prospect as a great societal good; especially the preservation of living wisdom.
  • LisaCovingtonLisaCovington Posts: 49 XPRIZE
    @jonathankolber Welcome! Great to see you here and can't wait to have you contribute.
  • viamativiamati Posts: 1
    Hello. I'm Vitor Amati, filmmaker from Brazil. Im working in a documentary about Longevity. Here to learn and meet you in future to may be a interview!
  • NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    Welcome to the community, @viamati! We're happy to have you.
  • NatashaNatasha Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Greetings! I am an educator (I teach ethics and innovation) and a bit of a producer (I look for gaps that need bridging and build bridges). Currently, work as a professor university and have the honor of being Executive Director of Humanity+, an educational non-profit that devotes much of its work to AI and helping educate others about the future. For life extension - I completed a scientific project with Dr. Barranco and Dr. Fahy that resulted in a scientific breakthrough on long-term memory. My website will tell you more about me.
  • katebatzkatebatz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hi everyone!

I am Kate Batz, VP of Business Development at Deep Knowledge Ventures and Aging Analytics Agency. Corporate lawyer by background, Longevity enthusiast.

Deep Knowledge Ventures is a data science-driven investment fund focused on Artificial Intelligence, InvestTech, Crypto Economy and SpaceTech. Aging Analytics Agency provides industry analytics on the topics of Longevity, Precision Preventive Medicine, Economics of Aging, and the convergence of technologies such as AI, Blockchain, Digital Health and their impact on the healthcare industry.

Nice meeting some of you at April 29-30 Future of Longevity XPrize Lab and looking forward to fruitful collaborations!

Best regards,

Kate
    kate.batz@dkv.global

www.dkv.global/about; https://www.aginganalytics.com/about
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/sarahhedgecock/2015/04/21/venture-capitalist-promises-1m-to-first-person-to-reach-123rd-birthday/#312f51e3d94e
  • NickOttensNickOttens Posts: 899 admin
    Welcome to the community, @Natasha and @katebatz!
  • LisaCovingtonLisaCovington Posts: 49 XPRIZE
    So glad to see you both here @Natasha and @katebatz !
  • NatashaNatasha Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Thank you Lisa and Nick!
  • pspiegelpspiegel Posts: 4
    Checking in here. Nice to see you all!
  • JessicaYoonJessicaYoon Posts: 54 XPRIZE
    Nice to see you too, @pspiegel ! Thank you to everyone for your valuable contributions to all the ongoing discussions.