This community is in archive. Visit community.xprize.org for the current XPRIZE Community.

Case studies on improving air quality in New York, Istanbul, Toronto, and Beijing

ShashiShashi Posts: 596 admin
edited August 2019 in Market Trends
As air quality issues in urban communities from Beijing to New Delhi become progressively serious, the connections between activity to deliver environmental change and to check neighborhood air contamination have attracted increasing attention.

Following paper features the interconnection that exists between reducing greenhouse gas emissions and reducing emissions of other air pollutants. It presents contextual investigations of endeavors in four urban communities—New York, Istanbul, Toronto, and Beijing—to improve urban air quality.
https://www.igu.org/sites/default/files/IGU_Urban Air Quality FINAL for web etc.pdf

Comments

• JessicaYoonJessicaYoon Posts: 54 XPRIZE
    edited September 2019
    Thanks @Shashi for this informative paper! I especially thought the case study on improving NYC's emissions that stem from residential and commercial heating through regulatory reforms and incentive programs to be particularly interesting.

South Korea also heavily relies on boilers (predominantly gas-powered, I believe) to supply heat to homes, buildings, greenhouses, etc. (having experienced several winters in Korea, they can be quite brutal!) I'm seeing the rise of replacing older boilers with condensing boilers being marketed in Korea as a more fuel-efficient and eco-friendly option, so hopefully this trend continues.